Sunday, June 27, 2004

Andrew Sullivan, me and BBC bias

Well, not really. Tigerhawk was kind enough to mention me in the same sentence as Andrew. Flattery will get you everywhere.

Tigerhawk is on vacation in Europe and is experiencing first hand the anti-American media, especially the BBC.

Recognizing that the center-right caucus of the blogosphere has been
deconstructing the BBC's left-wing bias for years (see Andrew Sullivan and
USS Neverdock
, for example, links to the right), I have never made it
TigerHawk's business to mimic what others do so well. Also, I am not a big BBC viewer, except when I am travelling abroad on business and have a few
minutes to kill in my hotel room. However, I caught a short glimpse of the
BBC from our Rome apartment the other day, and the perspective was quite
astonishing, at least for somebody used to a diet of MSNC. In less than 30
minutes I saw three examples of expressed or implied anti-American
or
anti-Isreali coverage, each of which could have been dealt with quite
differently if the BBC's editors were not trying to push an agenda.


Notice how Tigerhawk points out that there were three instances of anti-American bias in less than thirty minutes. Now imagine that the biased reporting goes on 24/7 and you can begin to understand why there is so much anti-Americanism in Europe.

Something America, especially the American govenment, need to wake up to.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss