Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Iraq - Chicken George Runs

Welcome Instapundit readers! Thanks for the link Glenn! Please check out the rest of my blog at USS Neverdock

When confronted by an Iraqi who supports the US/UK liberation of his country, what did Geroge Galloway do? Chicken Geroge ran.

"I know who you are," said Mr Galloway, warily eyeing Mr Pax, whose weblog gave the world an insight into the lives of ordinary Iraqis in the run-up to the US-led invasion.

Mr Pax wanted to know why Mr Galloway wanted the immediate withdrawal of occupying troops from Iraq.

"I really don't think we are going to agree on this. You supported the war and I opposed it," said Mr Galloway.

"You welcomed the invasion of foreign armies into your country. I opposed it. So we are not going to agree on this, which is why I didn't think it would be productive to have a discussion with you and I do have to go now."


As is the usual case for the BBC they leave out a very important detail. The detail in this case had a direct bearing on the confrontation between Chicken George and Salam Pax. The Scotsman reports on what the BBC leave out.

Challenged by Mr Pax that only 21% of Iraqis want US and UK troops out of their country, Mr Galloway said there was no point in engaging in discussion “because you and I will never agree”.


Let's hope Chicken George loses and is discarded to the dustbin of history - until his Oil for food trial that is.

UPDATE

Galloway attacked by mob of Muslims!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss