Saturday, March 11, 2006

UK - Unforgiving to Muslim terrorists

That's how one Reverend feels. But you wouldn't know that if you only read the BBC.

This was sent into me by a reader.


Hi Marc,

Just read "Honesty In The Church Of England" on Mid Atlantic posted March 8th.

I noted this remark "Second, (and oddly enough not covered on BBC
Online) her most powerful statement last night was about the attitude
towards the killers."

So I had a look into it.

The best coverage of this interview which was originally broadcast on
the BBC regional current affairs programme Inside Out is in the Times
Online article:

The Times. (This is a more complete Times Online article than the one linked to by
Mid Atlantic.)

What did BBC News online quote?

The BBC.

Rev Julie Nicholson said: "In terms of my ministry... a colleague and a
friend recently said priesthood begins in the world not in the church
and I was very relieved to hear that because what I am trying to do now
is redefine my priesthood.

"I am looking for a way in which I can still have priestly ministry when
there are some things I can no longer practise, or I can't currently
practise... and for me that's about integrity.

"It's very difficult for me to stand behind an altar and celebrate the
Eucharist Communion and lead people in words of peace and reconciliation
and forgiveness when I feel very far from that myself... so for the time
being, for the moment, that wound in me is having to heal."

What else did she originally say?

The Times.

Mrs Nicholson says that not only could she not forgive the killers, she
does not want to forgive
. She said: "I will leave potential forgiveness
for whatever is after this life. I will leave that in God’s hands."
Every day she says the name of Mohammad Sidique Khan. "I have a certain
amount of pity for the fact that four young people felt that this was
something they had to do but I certainly don’t have any sense of
compassion. Can I forgive them for what they did? No, I cannot.
"I believe that there are some things in life which are unforgivable by
the human spirit. We are all faced with choice and those four human
beings on that day chose to do what they did."

She said that Jenny was still with her "in essence" even though her
physical presence was gone. She added: "No parent should reasonably
expect to outlive their children. I rage that a human being could choose
to take another human being’s life. I rage that someone shoud do this is
the name of a God.
I find that utterly offensive. We have heard a lot in
the media about things causing certain groups of people offence and I
would say that I am hugely offended that someone should take my daughter
in the name of a religion or a God."


Odd that the BBC News Online should miss those bits out.


Considering the BBC's support for Islamists, it's normal for the BBC.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss