Thursday, April 13, 2006

US - My being rich has nothing to do with you being poor

That's according to the Left's darling Oprah Winfrey.

Winfrey, 52, who is reportedly worth more than $1 billion, said she doesn’t feel guilty about her wealth. “I was coming back from Africa on one of my trips,” she said. “I had taken one of my wealthy friends with me. She said, ‘Don’t you just feel guilty? Don’t you just feel terrible?’ I said, ‘No, I don’t. I do not know how me being destitute is going to help them.’ Then I said when we got home, ‘I’m going home to sleep on my Pratesi sheets right now and I’ll feel good about it.’"


So much for evil capitalism, eh?

If you're like most mere mortals and don't know what Pratesi sheets costs, see here.

When you're trying to figure out what sheets to buy, that old axiom, "You get what you pay for" rings true, but sheets can also be had for less than $5 (for a twin, at Wal-Mart.) [...]

European sheets, especially Italian and French lines, are coveted for their Egyptian cotton, a long fiber that makes for a stronger, softer, more luxurious linen; for their high thread count, often in the high 300s; and for their craftsmanship. The best sheets cost a pretty penny: A queen-size set of Italian-made Pratesi sheets can go for about $3,360—a small price to pay, perhaps, to sleep in sheets fit for a prince (Charles), a pope (John Paul II) or Hollywood royalty (Steven Spielberg and Elizabeth Taylor).


I would think some Aficans would be very happy with those $5 Wal-Mart sheets. I wonder how many sets of those one set of Pratesi's would buy? You do the math.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss