Monday, May 01, 2006

Iraq - Think troop morale is low? Think again.

The Democrats say the US military is broken and morale is low.

But that's not what this CBS reporter found out on a recent trip to Iraq.

"The people now serving in Iraq face death on a daily basis," Price says, "but if you think morale is low, guess again.

"My job was to try to cheer the soldiers up. But in most cases, they didn't need it. … It was an amazing experience. I went to Iraq looking to raise morale. But in the end, it was the soldiers who had done that for me."

Price observed to a Pfc. Meyer, "A lot of folks would say this is awful. You folks have to be here for so long. Is it hard?"

"It's hard being away from your family," Meyer admitted, "but we have a really tight group, and every day I wake up smiling. I'm happy to be here doing what we're doing. I really am; really excited about being here."

Of course, Price commented, morale was sky-high during the shows, "but what surprised me was what I heard after the music faded away."

One soldier told him, "I'm the senior enlisted here, and not one time since I've been here have I had an individual come to me and say, 'I don't want to be here. Not one time, 'What can you do to get me out of here?' I haven't had that happen one time. And that's pretty nice."

In base after base, Price said, most troops had a clear sense of mission.


Don't expect to see this widely reported by MSM.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss