Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Israel - Email from the front

Here's an email from a friend at the front in Israel.

"Hey Marc,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I was away to the
north for the weekend. I slept in my friend's house
shelter in the Krayot (near Haifa) and experienced
first hand a katyusha landing not further than 400
meters away. It sounded like it fell on the house
itself. Surreal. It reminded me of 1991 with Sadam's
scuds but a thousand times more intense. We go about 10
times a day into the shelters.
I must say I admire my
fellow country men and women who take this scary shit,
hurt but at the same time remain resolved and
determined to let the army do its thing
. I hope this
broad support will remain as strong. Today is a sad
day as well, a day in which we had a devastating blow
and many were killed by the rockets. All the same we
have no choice but to pound those barbarians as much
as we can. I'm surprised by this sentiment expressed
by my former lefty friends who are at last awoken to
this harsh reality.
You can say that the left in
Israel has gotten a harsh blow as well. Survival
instinct it is, I guess.


Anyway, my partner got drafted which means I'll be
twice as busy. We delayed our deadline and I won't
have time for anything else for at least two weeks.
If it's not too much trouble, send me the text of the
slides. I can paste it into Premiere (the program I
use)."


Stay safe my friend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss