Monday, October 09, 2006

UK - The veil and airline security

or lack there of.

I BREEZED through airport security in a veil that left just my eyes on view.

It beggars belief no one checked my face.

No one tried to properly identify me at Leeds-Bradford airport.

It was only in France that I was asked to lift the veil and have my face checked against my passport photo.

What if I wasn’t who I said I was?


Yeah, what if?

Last night aviation expert David Learmount said: “This is an area that can be exploited and has been in the past. In 1994 two Chechen women wearing full Muslim dress were able to board planes out of Moscow with bombs strapped under their clothing. I am sure airport staff in the UK don’t want to wait until two planes are blown out of the sky to get over their embarrassment.”

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss