Saturday, September 20, 2008

Boston Globe "I don't support the troops"

Shame more liberals don't admit it.

"Well, I have an ugly confession to make: I don't support the troops - at least not unconditionally. When somebody tells me they serve in the military, my first impulse isn't to say, "Thank you for your service!" like those insufferable chickenhawks on talk radio.

My first impulse is to say, "I'm sorry to hear that." Because I am. I'm sorry to know that the person I'm talking to might someday be maimed or killed on the job, or might someday kill someone else. Or refuel a plane that drops bombs on buildings.

I can't see how anyone who calls himself or herself Christian - or human, for that matter - wouldn't be sorry.

The fact that we have an army, that we need an army, is inherently tragic. It's an admission that our species is still ruled by fear and aggression."


Well dumbass, some of our species want to wipe out our existence and if not for these brave men and women of our military, you're dumbass wouldn't be able to write such nonsense.

Good grief, do these people ever listen to themselves?

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss