Monday, July 11, 2005

Britain - Making It Up

What do you do when Tony Blair doens't tie the London bombings to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

You make it up!

LONDON - In a July 9 story about Prime Minister Tony Blair's comments on overcoming global terrorism, The Associated Press erroneously reported that he spoke of easing the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. Blair did not specifically mention the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in his interview with the British Broadcasting Corp.


Now how do you suppose that got in there?

UPDATE

I have a new moronic troll commenting on my site. Read the comments and my reply to this post. I love it when these idiots attack me, everytime they open their mouths they demonstrate just how clueless they are.

On the bright side, I did come accross this fuller retraction by the AP.

The news organization now reports that Blair said no such thing. The AP also directly quoted Blair as mentioning “the ongoing conflict in the Middle East.” Recordings of Blair’s interview do not have the prime minister saying those words.


Again, I ask, how do you suppose those words got put in Blair's mouth?

Just add this to the Media Faking It file.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss