Tuesday, June 20, 2006

US - Democrat Mayor Admits Cocaine Use

This comes on the heels of Kennedy's admission of driving under the influence of drugs.

STAMFORD, Conn. — Bridgeport Mayor John M. Fabrizi admitted he used cocaine after taking office in 2003 and told the Connecticut Post in an interview published Tuesday that he feels ashamed and humiliated.

Fabrizi sought a meeting with the newspaper's editorial board after an FBI report surfaced in which an alleged drug dealer claimed an associate had a videotape of the mayor using cocaine.

"I'm ashamed. I'm humiliated for myself. I never meant to let the world know. I didn't want my family to know," Fabrizi told the newspaper.

Fabrizi, a Democrat who took over leadership of the state's largest city after his predecessor was convicted of corruption, would not say how he obtained cocaine but said he occasionally spent $20 or $40 to purchase it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss