Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Why Obama's mentor Rev Wright is important

Hanson explains.

"GG: Do you still attend Trinity?

OBAMA:Yep. Every week. 11 oclock service.

….


GG: Do you have people in your life that you look to for guidance?

OBAMA:Well, my pastor [Wright] is certainly someone who I have an enormous amount of respect for. I have a number of friends who are ministers. Reverend Meeks is a close friend and colleague of mine in the state Senate. Father Michael Pfleger is a dear friend, and somebody I interact with closely.

GG:Those two will keep you on your toes.

OBAMA: And they're good friends. Because both of them are in the public eye, there are ways we can all reflect on what’s happening to each of us in ways that are useful. I think they can help me, they can appreciate certain specific challenges that I go through as a public figure."

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss