Saturday, May 01, 2004

Great minds think alike

Mine is not so great but Rantingprofs and I were on the same wavelength today. I posted earlier today about "Ishard Manji's The Trouble with Islam" and Rantingprofs has this:

Then two books that arrived today, Ishard Manji's The Trouble with Islam (which I realized while I was in Canada is now available in paperback. Oh well.) I think I described this one when I ordered it. She's a Canadian-Muslim, born in Iran, and a feminist. Her argument isn't only that Islam must be reformed to give the moderates a greater and more legitimate voice, but that Muslims living in the West have to take the lead in this effort, because they are the ones privelaged to live in societies where the freedom to do so is protected -- there will be no government crack downs on dissidents engaged in debates over the future of Islam here.

Nice one, Cori.

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss