Thursday, May 06, 2004

Record number of computer viruses?

I've had to do some work in "the real world" the last few days and yesterday takes the cake.

Let me know if you have heard worse.

This guys is running Windows XP with broadband for about a year and never had a firewall or virus protection enabled. I could barely navigate on the system. I managed to get a print out of the process running. He had 34 programs in startup and 13 of those I could definitely identify as viruses. There were several suspicious programs running but I figured after 13 confirmed viruses, what did it matter.

He couldn't find his recovery DVD so I don't know how he got on after I left.

I feel sorry for those in his address book. Just another reason worms and viruses spread so quickly.

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss