Friday, April 02, 2004

Animal welfare takes on religion from
SCBBC

The government has rejected a call to ban the method used to kill animals for halal and kosher meat that is required by Muslims and Jews.

Last year the Farm Animal Welfare Council (FAWC) recommended that killing animals without stunning them first caused severe suffering. However the rules governing halal and kosher meat production say the animal should be killed by a single cut to the throat and nothing else.


Hey PETA, you reading this stuff? Well stop rescuing those gold fish and get on it!

Of vital importance, according to the Koran, is that the animal's blood flows from its body by "natural convulsion".

I'll post my feelings on religion one day but it is 7 AM and I haven't even finished my coffee yet. Which means I'm grouchy and to make things worse the kids started spring holidays today. ARG!

"Jewish and Muslim methods cannot be changed, because they are in the religious books."

Which is why I have a lot to say on religion and will soon. I'm sorry if you are offended but for me that last line sums up why we have some of the problems in the world today.

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss