Thursday, June 03, 2004

Euro anti-Americanism

From EuroPundits

Well, fed up with cheap Euro anti-Americanism as I was, I couldn’t help reminding those non-simplistic peoples that the US saved their sorry skins at least three times in the last century, and saved the Europeans from other Europeans mainly, because WW1, WW2 and the Cold War were actually one single and huge European civil war.

What do you think they answered me when they were unable to question the facts? Obviously that America did it out of self-interest. Eventually, I found a metaphor to use against them and, up to now, none of them has been able to fight or "deconstruct" it.

What I tell them is the following:

Look, what do you prefer, to be saved by a doctor who does it for money because he too has bills to pay or to be killed by an idealistic murderer for free?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss