Thursday, July 08, 2004

Hollywood discovers US Military smart

And they have opinions to!

From SMH

Another adventure that Romijn-Stamos is unlikely to have made as a model was a recent trip she and De Niro made to visit US troops in Iraq.

Staunchly anti-war, Romijn-Stamos said the visit had been a real eye-opener and it seemed to have given her a slightly different perspective on life.

"It was unbelievable and I'll never forget it," she said. "I grew up in Berkeley, California, which is the most liberal, left-leaning place you could ever find and I had zero contact with our military.

"So I had a pre-conceived notion they would all be rednecks who were only there because their daddies had been in the army. But I was wrong and I met the most amazing people over there.

"It was 130 degrees [Fahrenheit] and they were walking around in full fatigues and we'd get there to find out they'd been waiting in that heat for three or four hours. And they had so much perspective on it, they were really deep and smart and had a lot of opinions."


I seem to remember how Hollywood used to support our troops.

It amazes me that people have this type of sterotype view of our Military. One look at the modern technology used by our forces today should be enough to dispel this myth.

Stamos' admission that she has had zero contact with our Military speaks volumes and is probably true for most of todays Hollywood.

Anyway, nice picture of Stamos.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss