Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Are Palestinians rejecting Al-Qaeda?

I have read reports before that Palestinians were unhappy about Al-Qaeda hijacking their cause. Seems killing a few dozen innocent men, women and children is ok but they draw the line on a few hundred.

So, I find this article from Dow Jones Newswire very interesting.

Palestinian Guerrillas In Lebanon Detain Al-Qaida Suspect

I know. I had to read the headline several times before I got my head around it. Still on my first cup of coffee.

SIDON, Lebanon (AP)--An official with the Palestinian guerrilla organization, Fatah, said Sunday the group has detained a Saudi man in southern Lebanon suspected of belonging to the al-Qaida terrorist network.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the group took custody of the man, identified as Ayman Samkari, 32, on Saturday at the Ein el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp in Sidon, southern Lebanon.


Interesting, very interesting.

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss