Tuesday, April 06, 2004

An Open Letter to Dan Rather and CBS News from The American Thinker

Dear Mr. Rather:

I was stunned when I read some of the language concerning civilian contractors who risk death in Iraq, which you reportedly used in a segment on your CBS Evening News March 31st. Like many other Americans, I stopped watching your broadcast some time ago, so I am relying on published reports of what you said, after reporting the murder and desecration of the bodies of four American civilian contractors in Fallujah.

If these are reports are accurate, Mr. Rather, I demand an apology on behalf of myself, the many other patriotic Americans who are working, or have worked as civilian contractors in Iraq and other danger zones, and especially on behalf of those contractors who have, as you put it, paid “the ultimate price.”

You reportedly said, ““What drives American civilians to risk death in Iraq? In this economy, it may be, for some, the only job they can find,” while the screen displayed the heading “Risking Death” over a video of people standing in a job application line


For example, there is Scott Helvenston, a former Navy SEAL, who was among the four security guard contractors killed in Fallujah. After service in his elite branch of the Navy, Scott started a career as a fitness instructor. Once again, he rose to the pinnacle of his profession, as a trainer to Hollywood stars, and also as a stunt man. He personally trained Demi Moore for her role in the film G.I. Jane. Many critics were astonished at the extent to which she was able to develop her physique, under the training regimen Scott developed for her. I would hardly call him “desperate.” (my emphasis)

Great letter! Read the whole thing. I too quit watching Dan Rather a long time ago. He should be ashamed.

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss