Sunday, February 19, 2006

UK - Why is criticizing Islam considered racist?

Good question.

After all those searing words on The Apprentice, we can hardly be surprised at her forcefulness. The trouble is that if you sum up her attitude, you get something that can be vilified as coming from the British National party: if you don’t value our tolerant and democratic society, go home. Marry a fellow Brit, Muslim or not, not someone from a village with whom you have nothing in common. End faith schools.

“I can say these things because of who I am,” she says. “Coming from me it can’t be seen as racist.”


She's a Muslim, that's why.

Now if I call for such things, I'm called a racist. Why?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss