Tuesday, March 09, 2010

What do you put in a survival bag?

With all the natural disasters happening lately I've been paying more attention to emergency supplies. I started stocking up on can goods, water and other essentials. But how do I know I'm putting together the right gear? You might want to check out the Bug out Bag.

"First off, a Bug Out Bag is a backpack or shoulder bag that you have ready to go at a moment's notice. But this isn't any regular bag. It's packed full of emergency gear you will need to stay alive."

I've also put together some suggestions for survival gear.

Don't leave it till it's too late.

2 comments:

novaculus said...

HI Marc-

Just a little tip. The best pantry setup I have seen for storing canned goods, etc. that have a relatively long shelf life was a shelf system that had access to both the front and back sides of the shelving. Goods are organized easily by always taking the oldest stock from the "front" side of the shelf. As goods are purchased, they are marked with the purchase date and shelved on the "back" side. That way stock is always rotated.

Marc said...

Hey, good tip! Thanks.

 
Brain Bliss