Friday, July 27, 2007

Losing My Jihadism

The world needs a lot more of this. This former jihadist calls for an Islamic reformation and notes how he began his jihadism. There are some lessons here we must learn.

"I didn't always think this way. Once, I was one of the extremists who clung to literal interpretations of Islam and tried to force them on others. I was a jihadist.

I grew up in Saudi Arabia. When I was 16, I found myself assailed by doubts about the existence of God. I prayed to God to give me the strength to overcome them. I made a deal with Him: I would give up everything, devote myself to Him and live the way the prophet Muhammad and his companions had lived 1,400 years ago if He would rid me of my doubts.

I joined a hard-line Salafi group."


It's important to note the Saudi and Salafi comments for this is where the Wahabi brand of jihadism comes from. These are the ones who are funding the jihadist professors in our universitites and jihadist immans in mosques.

Read the whole thing.

via Harry's place.

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss