Thursday, December 23, 2004

Iraqi bloggers speak out

Dean Esmay has the latest Carnival of the Liberated posted.

Here's a sample.

Finally, there's a new Iraqi blogger in Iraq: Husayn of Democracy in Iraq (is coming):

It was very sad for me to hear that these election workers were killed. For you who do not know, three election workers were executed yesterday on Haifa street by some brazen terrorists in daylight. Clearly they are tring to scare Iraqis into not voting. I have seen some people who have been scared by this, which is unfortunate. I hope that the government will give more security to the election workers in the future, and more importantly that the killers are hunted down and punished.


I must say though, not all of us are shaken by this. In my neighborhood, the election council had a meeting a few hours ago, and decided to not be dettered by this murder. I was present, and we have decided if anything to perhaps be quiet for now about who will be administering the election, but not to cancel it. We have asked the government for more security when elections do happen next month. I am confident that this act will be isolated, and will not deter people.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss