Sunday, December 19, 2004

Saddam's Iraq: Khaled's story

ABC AU reports on a former Iraqi prisoner and his thoughts on America.

MARK WILLACY: A Palestinian, Khaled, went to Baghdad as a teenager to attend highschool, but he soon became mixed up in a radical Palestinian terrorist group called the Fifteenth of May faction, which Saddam Hussein allowed to set up headquarters in Baghdad.

[Remember, according to MSM there was no evidence Saddam supported terrorism]

But after a while Saddam became suspicious of the group, so he rounded up and jailed some of its members, including Khaled Zighari. The young Palestinian would end up spending 19 years in Abu Ghraib. He was eventually released as American marines closed in on Baghdad last year.


What happened to Khaled while in Abu Ghraib?

KHALED ZIGHARI (translated): One time I was pulled out of my cell and taken to what they call the operations room. They tied me to the bed, and then they brought out a big pair of scissors. They jammed the blades of the scissors underneath my toenails, then they twisted, and ripped out the nails.

Where is MSM's outrage over this?

So how does he feel about the US?

KHALED ZIGHARI (translated): No doubt whatsoever, I look at the US soldiers as people who liberated me, I have great respect for them. Without them, I would still be a guest of Saddam Hussein.

And so would thousands more, a fact MSM would rather you forget.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss