Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Broadband is back

Thankfully!

The installation for the desktop went fine but I'm still having problems with the wireless laptop. The status for the wireless connection says "no or limited connectivity". BT support were no help.

The signal strenth is fine and I was able to connect to the router by setting the tcp/ip properties address directly to the router. But I was unable to get DNS and surf the net.

I checked on the web and found several people with the same problem. I tried one of their suggestions, a netfix program, but it didn't work. The problem seems to be with geting DHCP.

When I run ipconfig I get an ip of 169.254.36.249

I did an ipconfig/release and then a renew but I get an error saying unable to renew.

I did a restart and the ip was back as before.

I think there might be some setting in the router to change but I'm not sure which.

The laptop is an ACER Travelmate 2420 and the router is a BT voyager 2091.

If you've any ideas let me know.

Thanks, Marc

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss