Saturday, June 03, 2006

Broadband update

Still down and I'm told maybe another week or so.

I'm having to blog from my local library for now. Which is a pain as you have to book time on a computer and even then you are time limited depending on how many people are waiting. And they don't have wifi. Bummer.

I won't go into all the details of the problems I was having but I did learn something important from the experience. If you want to switch broadband ISPs don't cancel one and then try and join a new one. Your old ISP leaves a "marker" on your line and your new ISP can't activate your new broadband until that marker is removed. Seemingly you have to ask for a code word or something from your old ISP to give to your new ISP before you switch. I was having so much trouble with my old ISP that I just cancelled the account. Now I have to wait till the marker is removed and then wait for my new account to activate. Bummer!

At least the wife's happy as I've done a massive spring cleaning of the house.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.

Cheers, Marc

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss