Friday, July 16, 2004

Mollycoddling Milksops of Manila

Recently
I emailed Michelle Malkin in regards to her article condemning President Arroyo's decision to pull her troops out of Iraq early to satisfy terrorists demands.

I had concerns about this line in Michelle's article:

"And remind me never again to brag about the proud fighting spirit of my ancestors."

Michelle has been kind enough to reply to my email.

Dear CPO Landers,

Thank you for the note and for sharing your warm memories of the Philippines. As I noted, my Lolo survived the Bataan Death March. I have an uncle who served as a Seabee and a cousin in the Army Reserves. Yes, I remain proud of my individual relatives. But the fact is that Arroyo has stained the proud collective legacy of defending freedom that so many brave Filipinos gave their lives for in the past.

I am posting a link to your e-mail on the blog. Thanks again for sending and keep up the great blogging.

Best,
Michelle

Michelle Malkin
Syndicated columnist/author


Thank you Michelle.

I'm afraid for the Filipino people though. By bowing to the terrorists demands, Arroyo has opened the door and invited more such kidnappings and ransom demands.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

 
Brain Bliss